Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is a computer science degree any good for computer forensics?

I'm studying for my bachelors degree in computer science, and I might continue on to get a masters degree. I have my A+ and Network+ certifications, and I'm planning on getting Linux, Network Security, and the Microsoft certifications.



Can I get a job doing computer forensics with this? If not, what should I do to increase my chances of getting a computer forensics job?



ThanksIs a computer science degree any good for computer forensics?
Familiarize yourself with the rules of evidence for legal proceedings, and with authentication technology. Have any of your professors performed forensics? Talk to him or her, and see if you can accompany her or him to court to watch the presentation.



Your main clients will be attorneys, police departments (and divorcing spouses, ha ha). So it wouldn't hurt to start developing contacts in those communities.



The article below has some other links for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment