Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the difference between computer science and computer programming?

Somebody please explain this in terms I can understand.



I want to do something in computers when I grow up. I like programming but would like to know more.



What is the different between a computer scientist and computer programmer? Don't they overlap in certain ways?What is the difference between computer science and computer programming?
Well definitions are never clear.



Computer science is the study of all things computers - the hardware inside, the software that runs it, the networks that it runs on, etc.



Computer programming is part of computer science - it involves the software it runs - and usually the development of it.



So, technically speaking, computer programming is a subset/part of computer science.



I have a degree in computer science. I would say the majority of my courses were around how to program - in different languages. I also took courses in databases, networks, and other things.



The best thing to do is check your local universities and colleges to determine what they offer as part of their 'computer science degree'.
  • mcdonalds toys
  • mexican food
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment