Saturday, March 10, 2012

How long can my computer keep running with an outdated browser?

I browser my computer is outdated. However my computer's little outdated too, and doesn't have what it would need to run the new browser. Should I start saving up for a new one, or can this problem be dealt with for a few more years yet?



By the way, I love my computer I don't want to start over because I love all the programs on my computer.How long can my computer keep running with an outdated browser?
If it's an outdated version of Internet Explorer, then your risk from vulnerabilities increases, while your compatibility with sites designed for newer versions reduces.



If the problem is that you are stuck with Windows 98, then:

Internet Explorer = IE6 - with IE6 deprecated in the "spoiled milk" campaign.



For Firefox, there are "hacks" that may make the current 3.x versions run

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cg鈥?/a>

Actually, Kernelex + unicows can make some more recent stuff run ok



Not sure how far back you have to go in "Opera" to get older Windows version support

http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/

With Kernelex, Opera 11 CAN be run in Win9xHow long can my computer keep running with an outdated browser?
It's probably fine; there would be no limit in functionality for the computer or browser, but if new pages that aren't supported by the browser arise, you might have problems viewing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment