Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What should I do with this computer?

Hey, I'm going to use this as my gaming computer.http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_III/

What I want to know is, should I pay for an upgrade from a 4GB RAM to an 8GB RAM, or should I upgrade to a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express from the memory card it already has? Also, what is the difference between a 1GB video card and a 512MB video card? And my last question, should I install windows Vista or XP as my operating system? thx =DWhat should I do with this computer?
YOu need to run a 64 bit operating system to access more than 4 gigs of memory. So Vista 64 bit Home Premium is what I recommend. Its an iffish thing whether or not a particular game will work on a 64 bit platform, I have to be honest with you - it may or may not install and it may or may not work right. Better to find out from the game manufacturer first rather than be suprised later. Make darn sure you have SIGNED DRIVERS for ALL of your hardware because installing Vista 64 bit will cause you a NIGHTMARE if you do not have signed drivers, preferably WHQL certified drivers - I know, I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Its a good thing you are thinking of that nVidia card, but I would go with the 9800 GTX+ overclocker made by BFG Tech. THen download the latest WHQL driver from nVidia for the 9XXX series of cards.



The difference is actually 2 x 512 = 1024 megabytes, so a 1 gig actually has 1024 megabytes or twice the amount of memory of a 512 Meg card. The more dedicated RAM the better! As far as I am concerned, you can never have enough memory.



Forget XP - it's going to go down the tubes, especially now that Windows 7 is out and around. XP was great but its going to be deep sixed real soon by Microsoft and a waste of effort as far as I am concerned. You might as well knuckle under!



Make sure you check out the Windows Vista Compatibility List which gives you thousands of certified devices that will work under Vista.

Visit this page on the Microsoft site. Check out all your hardware and make sure it will work FIRST before attempting to install any hardware or buy anything - cause if you do and its not certified...it most likely will be kicked back in your face by Vista 64 bit.What should I do with this computer?
8gb of ram is a waste of money...4 is ALL you need ever...the video card is fine..the geforce isnt hardly even an upgrade...1gb vidcard just runs better and use vista...

No comments:

Post a Comment