Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is best a Graphics card or a Cooling block?

I'm curious, I was planning to get a good graphics card for my laptop, to get high graphics on my

gaming. I see that my laptop gets overheated very quickly when I'm playing my PC games and it's a bit of a pain, it slows down the game and I get a awful lag, sometimes it freezes the actual laptop. I've done searching on graphic cards to see If they help on cooling down the laptop for me, if it helps I mite save more money than buy both -- also I've been looking at "cooling blocks" I'm not sure what there called but they help cool the computer and there very helpful, not that I know but I heard from others. The question is does



A graphic card help you cool the computer?

If so what type of graphic card? If you know of one.

What cooling block would be best?



Ps. I have a Dell inspiron 1545. Thank you.What is best a Graphics card or a Cooling block?
A gfx card in a laptop does nothing to cooler the computer. I have not heard of a water cooling for a laptop GPU. A waterblock is part of a water cooling system. You need the block, connectors, hoses, radiator, pump and fan(s). A gfx card can be many different things. By that I mean there are gfx cards like MSI's Cyclone 550Ti which may look cool but what is giving that air direction. Sure the fan is cooling the GPU but the heat being dissipated by the fan means hotter air. What is directing that hot air to the nearest exit which is the gfx card's I/O plate. Another card with a better design encapsulates the fan %26amp; heatsink with plastic like my card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a> . The plastic housing along with the fan design directs the heat out of the case. You don;t have all these options with a laptop so I am not sure how to answer your question.



There isn't a graphics processing unit that you can install that would help cool your laptop.



You can't install a cooling block on a laptop. I mean with enough inginuity and soldering skills one could mod a laptop's case design and integrate a modified water cooler but that is not even close to normal or easy.



Normally people will use something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a> to help keep their laptops cooler.
  • xbox dragon age 2
  • deathly hallows part 2 trailer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment