Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My computer is being a -beep- ARGHHHH?

My computer keeps freezing every so often and it's really getting annoying! It will freeze for like 2-10 seconds. When I type things it'll randomly stop, but I can continue typing, so when it unfreezes the sentence I typed will still come up. I've ran scans on my computer and there's no viruses on it. It sometimes doesn't even load websites. I have to click on the url bar and click 'enter' again, or I'll just get a white page. And sometimes when I'm listening to music, it'll suddenly go all slow motion for like 5 seconds and then go back to normal.



I have an Acer Aspire5336



Anyone know what the cause is and how I can make my computer run better/quicker



I have Windows 7



Using Google Chrome



I have avg installed





Specs (Not quite sure what that meant.. Not that good with computers):



System type: 64-bit Operating System

Installed Memory (RAM): 3GB

Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz 2.09GHzMy computer is being a -beep- ARGHHHH?
Your computer might be suffering from different problems to improve its performance you should:



%26gt;%26gt; Scan your computer with an antivirus

%26gt;%26gt; Apply De-fragmentation on your system

%26gt;%26gt; Delete all temporary files

%26gt;%26gt; Run disc clean up

%26gt;%26gt; Run Reginout scan.My computer is being a -beep- ARGHHHH?
Not all antivirus programs catch all viruses - run a scan with Malwarebytes and see if it finds anything (this is a good application to use IN ADDITION to a complete antivirus package, you can get it from download.com).

Check how much free space you have on your hard drive. You really should have a separate hard drive (possibly an external hard drive) for storing your photos and videos. If you keep adding them, you will run out of space on your hard drive in no time, if you haven't already. What I do for my photos and videos - I save them to CD's (you can sort them that way - 1 CD per event/trip/year/month - depending on how many photos you take) and I also save them to USB sticks (more portable, easy to take with to show people). This way you have 2 copies of all your memories and can be sure none of them will get lost.

It may also help to defragment your hard drive. Use the built-in Windows defragmenter (find it through Control Panel on your computer) or get a more advanced application off the internet. I would recommend the free 30-day trial of Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro (there is a free version of their Disk Defrag, but the pro version has more capabilities and is worth giving a try). Get it from here - http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/dis鈥?/a> Defragmenting can make a big difference in performance speed.

Hope this helps.My computer is being a -beep- ARGHHHH?
hit the ctrl alt + delete bring up the task manager and see what is using all the cpu. Do a search ( google, bing, yahoo ) whatever you use and see what it is and if it needs to be running. Good luck
hmmmm seems your specs are okay and you say it is just off recent times this is happening. it may be you are running out of hardrive space on your computer? when you get closer to the full capacity of your hardrive, computers tend to start freezing up and slowing down. also how often do you completely charge and completely drain your battery?
  • gas mileage
  • chucky cheese games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment